To The Guys Who Helped With "crazy Threads"

H

Hukshawn

Forum Guest
Register Today
Well here's something... it's currently pointless as I have no need for it. but it's the first project I've been able to undertake on this lathe properly WITH threads.
To the guys who helped me through this, I can't thank you enough. I am still new at this, I honestly don't know what I would have done.
My hat's off to you.
This is a great message board. I think I'm going to like it here, and learn a lot.

IMAG0709.jpg

IMAG0712.jpg

IMAG0711.jpg

IMAG0710.jpg

That was a fun thread. (sorry, there's that pun again) Was a good exercise in gear train/leadscrew calcs. Glad it worked out.

Tom

I'd like everyone to list their resources/websites. I need to learn this stuff...

This is about the only forum I go to anymore. I am still discovering sub forums here that are full of content.
Look around and see how much is here. Use the search feature. There was a section of resources for learners but I don't know what happened to it. For anything specific just ask, there are some amazing folk here..

Last edited:
I was not involved in any of the Crazy Thread thread. But I sure watched it every chance I had. This is one of the times the guys here pulled together and came up with an answer! I did sense at times frustration that may have come from the fact that people couldn't lay there hands on the lathe to get answers but an answer they did come with. This is one of best things about THM.

I sometimes read other forums when I am needing information, but I do not post on them, only here. This is a great site! Thanks to Nels, Tony, the other staff, and all the members of H-M for making this a fun and useful site where everyone can learn and share.

Back