Tiny drill chuck

markba633csi

Mark Silva
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Who makes a tiny chuck for holding very small bits; say 0-3/16" with maybe a 1/4" shank? Is there a Jacobs one like that? (minus the shank perhaps)
Mark S.

A Jacobs No. 0 drill chuck. Has a capacity of 0 to 5/32". It will hold a No. 70 drill bit. I don't know about anything smaller than that.

I bought an Albrecht 0-1/8" drill chuck with the Albrecht sensitive feed arbor, brand new on Ebay for a great price. Awesome tool.
I had a Sierra American sens. feed arbor but trying to get them off of a chuck destroys the SA arbor. The SA arbor is not well made.
The thing shattered into a dozen pieces when I finally got it off the Albrecht it was on. There is no shoulder space. I was surprised at how weak the metal on that arbor was.
No more Sierra American for me. I was not impressed.

Mark,
Do you regularly need to hold small bits or is this a "once in a blue moon thing"? I have used soft solder to bulk up the shank of small #drills as required.
IMG_5665.JPG
Thats a, roughly, 1 mm drill bit. The solder deforms nicely, grips the shank well and the bits run concentrically. Works a treat for 1 off jobs

Cheers Phil

Back