Smithdoor

Active User
Registered
Drawing and links for Three-Phase for your shop at low cost

Dave

Attachments

• 1_THREE PHASE_How_too.pdf
    39.4 KB · Views: 81
That's basically what I do. I power up one leg of the 3 phase motor and have a temporary switch to connect up the capacitor to the second leg
until it spools up. Then I release the temp switch. (The temp switch powers a relay that connects up the capacitor.)
I have been running this for years with no problems.

The most basic phase converter I saw was a lawn mower pulley on three phase motor. To start converter the guy puller the rope and turn on the turn on the power to motor.
I like using the potential relay and starting capacitor as all need to flip a switch and it going.

Dave
That's basically what I do. I power up one leg of the 3 phase motor and have a temporary switch to connect up the capacitor to the second leg
until it spools up. Then I release the temp switch. (The temp switch powers a relay that connects up the capacitor.)
I have been running this for years with no problems.

The most basic phase converter I saw was a lawn mower pulley on three phase motor. To start converter the guy puller the rope and turn on the turn on the power to motor.
I like using the potential relay and starting capacitor as all need to flip a switch and it going.

Dave

Dave,

Yes, I have seen that done too but it's way easier letting the capacitor do the work at a critical time. You could use
a heavy momentary switch if you can find one and not use a relay. My junk box had a light duty momentary and a relay....:)

Back