Thread Dial Markings G5960

tpic402

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Can anyone give me a little assistance here? I have a grizzly g5960 metal lathe 14x40 the lead screw pitch is 8TPI, I am missing the emblem off of the top of the thread dial and it is no longer available, I need to know what it looks like and what numbers are at what degrees. Thank You Tom IMG_20151106_140352675.jpg IMG_20151106_140401319.jpg

It is numbered 1 thru 8 clockwise and the markings are 45 degrees apart. (360/8=45)

Hey thanks Jim. The people on this forum and the people who run it are FANTASTIC ! an answer is always just a question away.:geek: Hey I should have been able to do the simple math just from looking at the chart on the dial itself. Thanks again

Last edited:
Whitworth on the label!? When was the last time you saw Whitworth shown on/in something? (Machinery Handbook doesn't count. :) )

Hey I should have been able to do the simple math just from looking at the chart on the dial itself.

That's what I did ;)

It's always my pleasure to help out:)

I wondered why they chose to label it Whitworth, or any other thread. Why not Acme?....would work for Wile E. Coyote.:big grin:

Back