Thread cutting help, please...

dfwcnc,

Sorry that I didn't catch this yesterday. If you do in fact have an Atlas 618 (or a Craftsman 101.21400), according to all of the manuals that I have (and all of the threading charts), the correct banjo (AKA Quadrant, AKA Bracket) has two legs (slots). So it would appear that your machine is right but your manual is wrong. I think that the correct Atlas 618 manual is in the Downloads Section. If it isn't, I'll upload it in the next few minutes.

FWIW, the Atlas 9", 10F and 12" all use three slot banjo's.

Robert D.

Last edited:
Excellent. Thank you very much.

dfwcnc,

Sorry that I didn't catch this yesterday. If you do in fact have an Atlas 618 (or a Craftsman 101.21400), according to all of the manuals that I have (and all of the threading charts), the correct banjo (AKA Quadrant, AKA Bracket) has two legs (slots). So it would appear that your machine is right but your manual is wrong. I think that the correct Atlas 618 manual is in the Downloads Section. If it isn't, I'll upload it in the next few minutes.

FWIW, the Atlas 9", 10F and 12" all use three slot banjo's.

Robert D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Wayne,
maybe this will help out. if it does, i can e mail or post more of the section in the manual
good luck, if you click on the picture below you can zoom in on it!
mike :))
Atlas6threading chart.jpg

Atlas6threading chart.jpg

I split out the divergent thread on the Atlas 10D into a new thread...

Mike, the threading chart you posted should be the correct one for the 618 that dfwcnc (who started this thread) said that he had. It shows a 2-slot banjo.

Robert D.

Back