• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Thread Chaser

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

westsailpat

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I have heard the phrase thread chaser many times , now obviously I never knew . I thought it was just referring to running a die over the thread , that is in tell I saw this tool . how do you use this tool , I think I know but at this point I don't want to guess . Thanks , Mark .
http://www.tracytools.com/thread-chasers/thread-chasers2

Jimsehr

Active User
Go to you tube and look for geometric die head and you will see how those cutters work.

Billh50

Active User
looks like a different version of thread files. I have the thread files. Think I only used them once. Should give them away one of these days.

westsailpat

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Hi Jim , back in the early 70's I was shown how to use a geometric die head . The thing that is throwing me off on this tool is that the "die" is held in a handle . I did find this vid , but I really don't see it having anything to do with metal machining .
Bill , that was my first thought . Hold the tool up to the thread turn on the lathe and chase the thread . I know that's wrong , my fingers hurt just thinking about it .
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5 7