This Followed Me Home

ThunderDog

Registered
Registered
I picked up this little benchtop horizontal mill. Problem is I'm not finding any documentation. It has a Delta tag, but I found nothing that looks the same. I've searched Vintage Machinery but no success. Any help would be appreciated.
IMG_20160703_182510.jpg

Posted the videos here to keep the thread tidy:

Part 2

Part 3

Last edited:
Nice find:) Looks pretty stout. I have never seen anything like this one before. The nice part it doesn't take up a whole bunch of space.
Cheers
Martin

Interesting......can we get pictures from a couple different angles?
Thanks,
-brino

On further inspection it does not look like a Burke. The shape of the column is thinner near the back bearing and there is a protrusion in the casting for the lower pulley to socket into. I think I'm going to swap in a treadmill motor for some variable speed control. The treadmill is rated as 2.5hp "treadmill duty"(whatever that means). I'll be conservative and assume that equals a 1/3 hp motor, which is what this machine came with.

Wawoodman, I agree that the red paint needs to go. It looks to be originally green, but I am a fan of gray.

Brino, here are some more pics.
Milling20Machine201_zps252dc878.jpg

Milling20Machine203_zpsd9521051.jpg

Milling20Machine204_zpsc00cc91c.jpg

7d646e21-08d9-4a6a-9dd8-459af8189d70_zpsukddmzjt.jpg

Is the table powered?

Keep in mind, the speed difference between a treadmill motor, and that 1/3 HP motor.

Krucker@friendlycity.net

Send a few pictures to Keith Rucker about this. He may be willing to forward it to a person he knows that is a Delta fanatic. Keith has been working on restoring a Delta grinder for the guy on his YouTube channel. Also Keith is one of the persons the started Vintage Machinery web site. Originally the OWWM site.

The red does make her a bit the tart, but you know, I think I kind a like it. :alien::bonesrock::):cat::boxed in::cower::grin:. Definitely need to stay out of the smiley farm after the second Manhattan. Here's mud in your eye, Mike

Back