Think I may have an addiction

I don't think you're an addict. At one time we had well over a dozen. Most were purchased back in the 70's and 80's and refinished for jewelry boxes for relatives. At that time there were dozens available at antique stores. Most sold for around $25.00 We still have 6 around the house used in various capacities. Some are in the shop full of assorted tools while others are on shelves as decorations. A couple have sentimental value. One was from my wife's grandfather and the other belonged to her father.

My union chest is like that. It was my great uncles and I believe he got it from my Great Great grandfather

Compare the quality of those tool chests vs. what we are offered today.
Granted, there are still some good quality boxes, Snap-on, Mack, Marco, but those old Kennedy’s were something special.
I was given one by a Gentleman’s group

Compare the quality of those tool chests vs. what we are offered today.
Granted, there are still some good quality boxes, Snap-on, Mack, Marco, but those old Kennedy’s were something special.
I was given one by a Gentleman’s group
I know what you mean. A week or so ago I ended up getting a kennedy top and bottom off of facebook. The lid on the top box is gone so I think I'm gonna put a board in there and use it as a really big riser.

New Kennedys are still made in Van Wert and are quite nice, ditto² for Gerstner chests made in Dayton.

Gerstner has a pretty active forum on their site for chest collectors: https://www.gerstnerforum.com/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back