There is no sanity in this house. LOL

If she waits as long for the Car as I have for the Gershner Tool Box plans you promised me she'll die before she get it Bill.

I probably couldn't afford insurance on anything like that , now a days , there greedy

That's a nice car! I've wanted a CTS-V wagon every since they came out. I would sell all my machining stuff to have one. Well, no not really so I'll just continue to dream about it.

Man, your wife has good car luck, being married to you.
Me, not so lucky.
My wife comes to me a month ago and starts talking about getting a van or Suburban so we can take the kids on a road trip this summer.
I assumed she meant to trade in her car for one, so I told her it sounded like a great idea.
We looked at vehicles for a week before I realized she meant to buy a 3rd car.
I told her I'm not paying 3 car notes when there's only 2 drivers in the house. She was crushed. I compromised. I traded in my truck.
I really didn't need or want a new (used) car, but now I have one.
My stipulation was that if I'm going to be driving a soccer mom vehicle, it's going to be as manly as they come. So I got a Yukon XL (SLT) 4X4.
It's grown on me. It's a more comfortable ride than my truck was, it's a 4X4 (my truck wasn't), it's higher off the ground than my truck was, and it can tow more weight than my truck could. Also it gets slightly better gas mileage.
It's really nice, but I was happy with what I had. I only had 1 year of payments left and the payments were <$200. Now I've contractually obligated myself to pay $15k (plus interest) for vehicle that's 7 years old and has 107k miles on it. UGH, the thought of that sours the new car smell.

Fortunately for me, my wife loves her new Elantra.

No need to sell the machines. Yet.

You just need to pick the right car. I put my wife in a 10 year old 160K mile car 8 years ago. She's put 100K on it since then, commuting every day. And there is zero chance of it being replaced. I can't even get the car from her long enough to send it to the paint shop. If the LS powered CTS is your version of *that car*, then $90K may well be a bargain.

This one is for you Bill...

:grin:

Back