TheDROstore.com Anyone ever used them?

RobertHaas

Registered
Registered
I will be buying a 3 AXIS DRO for my new machine and would love some advise on where to shop for a good stable accurate unit that won't bankrupt me further then I already am. :eek:

I will be buying a 3 AXIS DRO for my new machine and would love some advise on where to shop for a good stable accurate unit that won't bankrupt me further then I already am. :eek:

I must say I have never used them so my comment won't help. I am replying because of this part of your comment "that won't bankrupt me further then I already am. :eek:" Don't fight it. It will happen!!!! :)

I bought a dropro's and so far I think its great. More money but it is a nice unit so far. There will be a lot to chime in and help with this I'm sure. There are a lot of really good people here with a lot of usefull knowledge!!!!!

Last edited:
Here is a link that has a little more variety, they are sold through Ali-express. Same stuff that DROPros sell.
Link

+1 for buying from the above links to AliExpress (they're both to the same seller). I bought my DRO through them and am very pleased with it.

Jocat; If you don't mind, could you tell me why you chose that particular unit?

No real reason--I was new to DRO's and just took a chance on it after reading several others comments who had ordered from them. But I have been very happy with it.

I went to their site, http://www.thedrostore.com/
They appear to be a re-packager type supplier. They probably buy from Aliexpress and resell.
This more than likely means little or no technical or product support. If you click on the "Details" for any of the products, there's not much in the way of any useful information there.

Have you considered buying from aliexpress (China). I and others on here have bought from there and have been happy and they are much cheaper.
I have had mine for a couple of years with no problems. They are slower shipping--so you can;t be in a rush for them.

Here is a link to the one I bought https://www.aliexpress.com/item/fre.../1524501216.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.kC33tq
I have the same one waiting for installation, several of my friends bought them around the same time.

If you click on the "Details" for any of the products, there's not much in the way of any useful information there.
Did you scroll down on the “details” page? I found quite a bit of useful info/specs farther down the page. There is also a link to their blog that looks like it may have some useful info. Not an endorsement, just an observation.

Tom

Back