The Trading Store ?

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
New to the forum...........Old to the trade .

So , after 35 years of machining I find myself in my regular predicament . I have EVERYTHING that I can't use and NOTHING that I can ! There has to be 1000's of machinists and tool owners out there in the same boat .

I encourage all to join in and make this a regular meeting place ( and I hope I am posting this in the correct thread ) for swapping " junk for junk " !

Over these past years my machines have ranged Hardinges to my big'un Leblonde 20"x 96" and more Bridgeports that I can count . I have scaled back on equipment but never shed my tooling from these machines . My only remaining lathe is a 16"x70" , my mill a Lagun FTV2 which I relocated into my climate controlled garage ( cold in the winter , hot as hell in the summer ).

I'll start ....What I need .............. D1-6 lathe chucks . 4 jaw , Jacobs flex collett closer , faceplate , MT3 tooling etc .

What I have to trade ................EVERYTHING ! I have a L00 and L0 Jacobs collett collett closer , D1-8 Hardinge 22-J collett closer with colletts , Aloris tooling ,grinding tooling , 5C and R8 tooling , Vidmar cabinets full of various insert tooling . I can't list everything .

I'm looking to trade , swap , barter for what I need for want you want or need . No $$$$$$ needs to pass hands but if trades work out , donations to the website would be great .

More wants ..

16" max horizontal/vertical rotary table
Hartford Super Spacer Indexing head
6'Kurt vise with swivel base

This weekend I started sorting out unloved tooling.
Now I've got 4 piles instead of several dozen scattered locations.
Lots of various tapers B&S an MT3 and MT2.
I don't see how I will ever use all this.
My plan was to post some pics in the coming days and weeks and solicit offers.
Meanwhile I'd start researching and cataloging descriptions and presumed values preperatory to posting on eBay.

mmcmdl, what kind of MT3 stuff are you looking for?

Daryl
MN

Meanwhile I'd start researching and cataloging descriptions and presumed values preperatory to posting on eBay.

Daryl
MN
Got any MT3 arbors or collets threaded for a 3/8"-16 drawbar?

Daryl
MN

Daryl , I'm looking for any MT3 tapered stuff for my lathes tailstock . I've got 100s of tools but they all are non MT3 . I can sleeve up but I'm trying to clean up too ! I have to laugh at your pile statement , I have about 8 big piles , 20 filled coolers and 9 boxes full of crap . I hate selling and find trading things much more enjoyable . I'm going to fill lots of people's wishes in the near future . LOL .

mmcmdl,
I think I might!
I'll send a PM with pics (tonight?).

Likely you win on the size and quantity of piles competition.

Daryl
MN

I like it !

I guess we have to start somewhere , so here goes . Anything I have on here is unwanted or un-needed and may leave my premises by any means . We can help ourselves and this website as well . They have maintenance expenses .

I can't see myself doing any more high precision work at this point in my life . I am now a " saw and sand tractor man "
I have 2 Jacobs rubber flex speed collet closers . One a LOO , one a LO mount to trade with 2 complete sets of collets . Looking for D1-6 chucks .
View attachment 121015 View attachment 121016 View attachment 121017

IMG_6075.JPG

Last edited:
i would trade for the transfer punches.... you mention a tractor, i have power king and cub cadet parts here if that interests you.
Dan

Back