The Tooling Quest Continues............

B

Buffalo20

Forum Guest
Register Today
The weekend became somewhat expensive, I bought 2 addition sets of ER32 collets (one metric, one fractional, from a local estate sale), 10 more AXA tool blocks, a bulk purchase of HSS end mills (80) and close to 50 carbide inserts.

I also, sometime this week, am going to look at a 3 hp DC motor (C-Face) with the inverter power supply/controller. I'm not sure if it will work for what I wan t it for, but its worth a serious look.

The weekend became somewhat expensive, I bought 2 addition sets of ER32 collets (one metric, one fractional, from a local estate sale), 10 more AXA tool blocks, a bulk purchase of HSS end mills (80) and close to 50 carbide inserts.

I also, sometime this week, am going to look at a 3 hp DC motor (C-Face) with the inverter power supply/controller. I'm not sure if it will work for what I wan t it for, but its worth a serious look.

You could look at Ali express for lots of cheap deals on that too.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

I have a series of people I buy from on a regular basis, I always try to buy local when I can, if not a series of outlets/dealers/suppliers, that I have absolute faith in, I will not buy anything on EBay, Amazon or any other the other "buying groups".

I will not buy anything USED, without looking at it/touching it, too easy to get screwed. I lost over $800 in an EBay/PayPal fiasco, they do NOT always protect the buyer. If they give you the warm and fuzzy feeling, go a head and use it, but its not for everyone. Opinions differ, what the seller says is like new, to me may be borderline crap.

I've had much better luck, buying directly out of China, Korea and India (BangGood, Glanze, CTC and others) than EBay or Amazon (I'm still waiting for a refund on a returned item).

Back