The Score That Keeps On Giving...

Mirage: There are actually 3 power hacksaws... 2 Marvel #2's and an unidentified Racine. The Marvels are of different vintage and one was line shaft powered it appears.

I guess the one the second picture with the blue strap around it and has a hook attached to it. It looks like it might run with a good cleaning and a lot of oil.

That's the Marvel that was originally driven by a flat belt. When these were moved to storage, they had all been running and well greased up. Time has taken a toll on them though, and they will need to be torn down and gone thru.
I was going to use them as winter projects around here, but with some unforeseen developments within our little town, they are going on hold for now. In fact everything that I brought home, other than the shrinker, is getting loaded up and moved to our other house. The current house we are in, has to be ready and on the market by the 29th of May. The kids get out of school the 26th and that weekend I need to move them and the animals to the other house. With 1500 hundred new homes being built within a few hundred yards of this house and the only entrance to our subdivision being restricted as they turn the main highway into a 4 lane divided road, and GE moving their corporate headquarters about 4 miles away, it's time to get out. As soon as this one is sold, we will be on the hunt for property to build a big shop with an apartment.

I'll shoot some more pictures of it when I load it back up this weekend.

Wonder how much black powder it will take to launch that anvil? Pretty green too!

Wowsers! Nice scores. Guess it's time for me to invest in the company that sells Evaporust!

Sorry to hear about your town, and having to move all that stuff twice. Best wishes with the relocation.

FYI - a product called "Rust Release Super Gel" is just like Evaporust but in a gel that stays on the sides of the object. I've used the Super Gel and it worked good.

https://www.theruststore.com/ They have Evaporust too. I did not compare prices

Back