The Perfect Year ?

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
Now that I have your attention -----

Why does 1 year contain 12 months. We live in the computer age now. If we change 1 year to 13 months and can leap year all would be simple.

365/13 = 28 OK we now have all months with the same amount of days. G0ing further each month having 4 weeks, each week having 7 days, is the same 28 days. What could be simpler?

Happy New Year fellas and gals.

"Billy G"

Okay, so what do we call the thirteenth month? I vote for calling it 'Gruby' since it was your idea. :laughing:

Good luck in getting the world to accept your new calendar system. You know, changing history and stuff. mini-wink-glasses.gif

Now if someone had thought of that in the first place....

How about this one -- Santa keeps a naughty list for 1 year. The year begins on January 1st. OK now Christmas is December 25th, the naughty list is over for that year. Using January 1st to start the year you have a six day period to do what you want, correct?

I gotta stop thinking today. That first one was not mine, I saw it on the net somewhere. LOL

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
It's OK by me; my birthday comes at the beginning of the month.:) But there are a lot of people who won't be very happy because their birthdays come on the 29th, 30th, or 32st. :(

I suspect that we are stuck with twelve months because of the four seasons. The two solstices and equinoxes were widely observed in ancient times and many rituals, including our modern holidays, were tied to them. That they more or less fall on them same day in January, March, June, and September wouldn't be true if there were thirteen months in the year. Changing the calendar would confuse a lot of Pagans.:confused 2:

The Hebrews have been struggling to keep things straight with a lunar calendar for a long time, and it does get complex, considering the festivals and holy days they observe and the rules that govern them.

Let's go metric....just multiply or divide by 25.4 and we are good to go.

Happy Metric New Year everyone. :)

David

Back