The Hum Of Death!

Hemco inc. at 3938 E Pima st. can do a bench check as well. Give them a call at 881-1108, they have always treated me right.
Like Mark mentioned, If you need a new motor, a 3 ph with VFD control is a game changer. Some real sweet deals on NOS motors on eBay.

I also agree with what others have stated about checking ALL your connections. When Mark and I did the conversion on my older lathe, I was surprised at how many loose connections,mounts etc where loose. If it turns out your motor is dead then its time to make "lemonade" with the lemons life has tossed your way. I'm in no way an expert, but PM me if I can assist you. Mark's offer to check your caps is a great start as well. Mark's abilities are impressive, and he's a cool guy to boot.

Hi guys, Mr. Planeflyer 21 if your motor is kaput, I just so happen to have the exact replacement here. Mark was so kind to help me convert my G4003g over to 3 phase that I now have the original motor collecting dust. If your interested let me know. Only down side is, I'm on the other side of the country, in PA.

You might want to try and spin the motor while turned on and humming, If the starting capacitor is shot it might start if you can over come the clutch. I hope that is the problem cause that is a simple fix. One of those black humps on the outside of the motor.

If you decide to go 3 phase I can send ya all the pictures you need to help you out.

Good luck... Dean

Big thanks to mksj!! He tested my capacitors today and identified the faulty one. Also gave me some very good information on replacement motors and a VFD upgrade.

The big delay in this update was due to it flooding when it rains, been busy with multiple unexpected issues.

Back