The Denbigh Mill

drom68

Active User
Registered
Well I have been offered a horizontal mill with vertical head attachment. The seller is a friend of mine and the mill has been taken care of rarely used. I am getting a camel back drill press from him, but I am unsure of the mill. I don't "need" it but….

Sorry for the sideways pic, it is normal until I add it.

IMG_0337.JPG IMG_0338.JPG

Can you really look at yourself in a mirror and say with a straight face, "I don't need a mill"?
If you have the space and can afford it and its in good shape, I would have to say "Yes, you DO need a mill!"

At least I would! Everybody and I do mean everybody needs a mill, its the only sure way to world peace.
I know this because a very wise old man once told me so. *

CHuck the grumpy old guy

* A line from Zorba the Greek, although it was something about women, but I firmly believe it also applies to milling machines.

The old Denbigh mill is a long way from home, Where i once worked they had one they may not be the most modern machine in the world But they are good old machines capable of doing good work

I know nothing of Denbigh mills.
However, I really enjoy my Van Norma in Horizontal position.
My little VN6 with a 1hp will move alot more metal than my Cincy 1b which has a 1hp motor.
Depending on the price, if you have the ability to safely move her, and power her--- this seems like a done deal!
Is she tooled up?

Daryl
MN

It's a nice clean mill, can't go wrong with it…. It is somewhat tooled. Not a great deal, just an ok deal. Already have two horizontals (favorite machine is a Brown and Sharpe No 2 universal) and two knee mills. I will have to get rid of a J-head Bridgeport if I do get this one. I also have a Van Norman in a buddies storage that I need to pick and start working on.

Hi

I have a Denbigh mill, the variable speed model CVS . I have not used it yet . It's a simple machine , that's why I like it , not much can go wrong with it . My Denbigh looks like its been through many owners as its been well used, the table has many scratches and the T slots are broken a little . I paid $600 . I have the vertical head , there are 2 types of these . Mike in Australia

denbigh 1.JPG

Last edited:
Where are you in PA?. Iwouldn't mind looking at a mill. Perhaps we could mak a deal.

Located near State College. I have to think about this and you really got me thinking. The J-head needs a little work and the table isn't the greatest. Unless you are interested in the Denbigh...

Back