THAT'S IT!!!! Janitor Accesories for all!!!!

Thank God, I'm not the only one.....welding stuff out in the gay-raj, run a bead and looking for the slag hammer, where did it go I just used it. Then I can't find my welding bucket! Forget about the small stuff, I have two trailer hitch pin and lock combos, yep can't find the key for either of 'em. I'm always finding stuff that has been lost for years or JUST AFTER I buy it new again.:confused:

Forget about the small stuff, I have two trailer hitch pin and lock combos, yep can't find the key for either of 'em. I'm always finding stuff that has been lost for years or JUST AFTER I buy it new again.:confused:
It's sad to cut off perfectly good hitch pins. Not that I've ever needed to...

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

I decided to paint a bunch of often used wrenches orange one time, just to stave off the Gremlins. I collected all my wrenches, started shaking the new can of Safety Orange spray and popped the top off. But wait, I need to arrange the wrenches on the newspaper first. OK, done... where's the paint!?
Took me an hour to find the can on a shelf next to the back door just above eye level (3 feet from the wrenches!). Found the Orange top right away.

I have a BOLO (Be On the Look Out) list on my toolbox of missing things. Every once in a while I scratch one off. Just often enough to keep me looking. Kind of like those ocassional $2 lottery wins.

One of the best ways to find a missing tool is to buy a new one.

Great Thread!

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Followed closely by # 2 ........eyesight . Bifocals .......Trifocals . eh.....alls I want to do is see whats in front of me . Cripes .

OK, I have to share this, as it happened today. I'm a Boy scout Leader. That means I need to pack all the things the boys are likely to forget. So, back in November at the State Jamboree someone asks to borrow my plastic camp mirror to put his contacts in. I remember getting it back. I don't recall what I did with it after that. I haven't been able to find it since. It SHOULD be in my pack which I've torn apart three times since AND my wife poked through (as mentioned earlier that usually works), No mirror. This morning I'm packing for another scouting event. I open the pack, there's the mirror, right where it should be. I'm beyond baffled. Gremlins?

OK, I have to share this, as it happened today. I'm a Boy scout Leader. That means I need to pack all the things the boys are likely to forget. So, back in November at the State Jamboree someone asks to borrow my plastic camp mirror to put his contacts in. I remember getting it back. I don't recall what I did with it after that. I haven't been able to find it since. It SHOULD be in my pack which I've torn apart three times since AND my wife poked through (as mentioned earlier that usually works), No mirror. This morning I'm packing for another scouting event. I open the pack, there's the mirror, right where it should be. I'm beyond baffled. Gremlins?

My wife and I observed this phenomenon many times. Her explaination was alternate univeres. Objects occasionally transition into an alternate universe for a variable amount of time and then return to our reality.

Hey now ... wait a minute!!!!! That's MY drill press you're showing. I got them thar golf balls fair and square, out in the woods near the third hole ;~)

I lost a 5/8" carbide 4 flute corner radius endmill. Brand new, I used it for only one cut. Next time I went to use it, the damn thing was nowhere to be found. I searched for 3 days straight! That was 2 years ago!

Every once in a while when I remember it I'll search but no luck. Started to think I was going crazy & I never had one to begin with. Well 2 months ago I found the container it came in. WTH! Ok, so I guess I'm not crazy but if I found the container, where the hell can that endmill be? Damn gremlins can actually chew carbide or what?

Damn, I hope I don't remember tomorrow, otherwise I'll be spending half the day looking for it again!

Holy crap! Guess what? I found that endmill today! It only took me 5 yrs to find it!

How the...I have no clue how it got there but it was sitting in the container that I keep my HF chip brushes in. I guess it's been 5 yrs since I've looked in that container.

With me , I have help losing things LOTS of things, I get things ahead of time to do a job put them where I know I want it. Two days later time to get all the materials together and there gone. No one knows where YUPP disappeared . Three days or after I rebuy the materials , there found and she says oh I forgot I moved them and I didn't know they were what you wanted. So now I'm out doubled the cost. But it's my fault she moved it. Happened many times

Back