Thank you to C-Bag

mickri

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Tony had an X Y vice that he wasn't using and didn't think that he would use it in the future. So he gifted it to me. Have it setting in place on one of my drill presses. It will definitely come in handy.

Thanks Tony.

IMG_3942.JPG

Tony had an X Y vice that he wasn't using and didn't think that he would use it in the future. So he gifted it to me. Have it setting in place on one of my drill presses. It will definitely come in handy.

Thanks Tony.

View attachment 343348
Chuck you are so welcome, use it in good health my friend. It was also great to meet you in person and get a chance to pay it forward for the help and tips you’ve given me.
I suck at selling stuff, but I don’t have any problem helping fellow makers/machinists out when I can. I‘ve gifted stuff to the son of a neighbor with stuff I needed gone to make room for more useful stuff like my old benchtop HD drillpress when I upgraded. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a tool rehomed to a person who’s going to find use for it. Cheers!

Used the vice today. Had to thread a 1/2" bar by hand. Not easy cutting a 1/2x13 tpi thread by hand. The vice with some sandpaper wrapped around the bar barely held it.

The vice worked great. I was making a part that I needed to weld a large washer on the end of the bar. With the washer on the end of the bar I couldn't use my lathe to cut the thread. Brain fart on my part. I should have cut the thread first. Thanks for the vice.

That’s great to hear Chuck! I guarantee it wouldn’t have held without the prismatic jaw. Granted it is Chinesium, but when you don’t have to pay too much for it the idea it has to be perfect doesn’t get in the way of “Get ‘er done”.

Back