Test With Images And Video

gueledebois

Registered
Registered
A while ago I bought a secondhand Mondiale Celtic 14 lathe (http://www.lathes.co.uk/mondiale/page2.html).

The 3-phase engine was burned when the previous owner ran it on a wrong voltage. I had the engine rewired and reinstalled it and now it runs smooth.

It’s my first lathe and I know almost nothing of turning (except to be very careful).

There seems to be a problem with the autofeed. When I engage the autofeed it doesn't work.

In the first half of the movie I manually turn the side of the engine and in the second half of the movie I manually turn the side of the autofeed. The big gear in the middle I think should do the transmission of the engine to the autofeed. According the manual there's also a safeguard when too much force is put on the autofeed a pen breaks. I checked the pen and its's ok.

On the right side of the big gear there's a round part and when I pushed against it with some thongs while the engine was turning I momentarily had engaged once the autofeed. Since then I couldn't reproduce this.

Here's an image from the manual showing the structure of the gears:
20151014_183134.jpg
Does anybody have any suggestion to fix my problem ?

Last edited:
Back