Test: Opening up the compound

JohnAspinall

Active User
Registered
I'm going to post a question about replacing this lantern toolpost with a QCTP. But since there's a practice area,...

CompoundAndToolpost.JPG

With the toolholder removed, it looks like this:
RemovedToolholder.JPG

When I take the compound apart, you can see the bottom end of that post.
InsideCompound.JPG

Let's see how this looks.

CompoundAndToolpost.JPG RemovedToolholder.JPG InsideCompound.JPG

Hello,

I have a question - how does one intersperse the photos with comment? In the OP's post, there is a comment between each photo and when I posted photos they all are positioned at the end of the verbiage.

To make your post look like you want it, forget about the Manage Attachments button down below. Hit the Enter key to move the flashing cursor (|) to where you want the picture to be inserted. Hover your pointer over the square icon above that comes up as "Insert Image" and click that. It will bring up a dialogue box with a choice "From Computer". Make sure that one is selected and click "Select Files".

Select the photo you want from your hard drive and click "Upload File". It will load into your post, with the cursor at the bottom right-hand corner. Hit Enter once or twice and type some more text. Hit Enter again and repeat the process to insert the next pic. Repeat for effect.

If you select more than one photo in a fetch, they will still appear in alpha-numeric order.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for this information - I can guarantee I would never have figured it out! Is this procedure posted somewhere and I just missed it? Assume that's the case.

Once again, appreciate your taking the time to help me out.

Hello Mike, (again)

Help!! I tried your method and when I hover the pointer over the cursor (I) nothing appears, certainly not dialogue box.
Is there a setting that must be changed to activate this option?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Mike,

OK - got it figured out, although I'm not sure exactly what I changed - think it was something in the settings having to do with the attachments and how they are displayed. At any rate, got it working and thanks for your help.

Back