Tee-slot Cutters

Xnerd

Registered
Registered
Ok so money is tight and I do not have any keyway or tee slot cutters and I have to buy ONE for now.
Im having a hard time finding the right one.

It almost seems like I need to buy the exact right size to fit the recess. as the smaller (height) tools are too small in diameter to reach into the pocket.

Either that or I am just having bad luck on ebay.

Any advice? Im cutting cold rolled steel that I squared up removing about a goof 1/8th inch from all sides. I have not seen any distortions.
I cant seem to find any carbide cutters either,...
I hate HSS for specialty tools

Thanks in advance.

Jeffro
compund.jpg

I have a boatload of cutters . What are you looking for exactly and I'll check my stash . Yep , I have a few different sizes that would do your job . I'll get it out cheap and quick and give HM a few bucks too if you want . Dave

Last edited:
I have a No. 810 woodruff key cutter here. It is about 1.265" OD x .250 wide. And I also have a 3/8" bolt size tee slot cutter that has been resharpen. It is approx. .330 wide x about .750" OD, but the problem with this cutter, it will not get the depth of the slot as you are asking for. You're asking for a .2165" depth, this cutter may get .195 deep.
So either way, if you want either one of these cutters send me a PM with your mailing address and they will be on your way. All I ask is make a small donation to H-M. $20 will get you a status of "premium member" Ken

Ok so money is tight and I do not have any keyway or tee slot cutters and I have to buy ONE for now.
Im having a hard time finding the right one.

It almost seems like I need to buy the exact right size to fit the recess. as the smaller (height) tools are too small in diameter to reach into the pocket.

Either that or I am just having bad luck on ebay.

Any advice? Im cutting cold rolled steel that I squared up removing about a goof 1/8th inch from all sides. I have not seen any distortions.
I cant seem to find any carbide cutters either,...
I hate HSS for specialty tools

Thanks in advance.

Jeffro
View attachment 136841
Yeah I was looking through the Woodruff Cutters as well I need me but I'm not sure what the best approaches because I've never done this type of thing before I'm really new LOL. I always wanted to be The Machinist I never got the opportunity to learn so when I got sick and it looked like I was dying I bought a Mill and I bought a couple of lathes LOL.

So I don't know how much of this should be nibbled out or should I try and buy a tool that will bench closely. You know what I mean?

I have a No. 810 woodruff key cutter here. It is about 1.265" OD x .250 wide. And I also have a 3/8" bolt size tee slot cutter that has been resharpen. It is approx. .330 wide x about .750" OD, but the problem with this cutter, it will not get the depth of the slot as you are asking for. You're asking for a .2165" depth, this cutter may get .195 deep.
So either way, if you want either one of these cutters send me a PM with your mailing address and they will be on your way. All I ask is make a small donation to H-M. $20 will get you a status of "premium member" Ken
This sounds like a good idea to me but I will have to go check a couple of tools then I must use it I don't really want to modify. I have a really Nifty boring bar holder that I haven't seen only a couple of times and my searches. It looks like a homemade piece of crap absolutely excellent you could drive a truck into it and it wouldn't move it has a built-in slot then I might have to alter it let me check and then I'll get back to you

my meds are making me sick, if I dont respond for a few, youll know why

He is taken care of ! Hobby Machinist will be taken care of , and I got rid of something out of the garage !!! Ain't life great ! :applause 2: Now ...................only 300,000 more things to go !:encourage:

Back