Tapered cutters?

Aaron_W

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I picked these up with some misc tooling, but not really sure what they are for. Obviously they ream or cut a taper, but that is as far as I can guess. The largest is about 1/2", the markings on the shank don't indicate any type of size or taper that makes sense to me.

taper cutters.jpg

I know this is not the correct answer , but they look like my 20mm windscreen tools I made up to do the contour IDs . They fit on the end of the tungsten penetrators . They were used on a Hardinge turret lathe as the cnc's don't have feel .

I'm sure those are used for the same purpose , maybe not ammunition but they are to form an ID of some sort of something . :)

Ok so some unknown special purpose. I guess I could use them to bevel an edge or chamfer holes of various sizes?

Sure , They have straight flutes and will still cut anything . Useful , just have to find that use ! As John said , they could be used for mold relief angles if you're into that . :encourage:

I want to make tapered cutters so I can make these. Maybe that's what your cutters are for. Or maybe not :D

Back