Taking the CNC Plunge

as long as the switches are normally closed meaning they are completing the connection until the lever is tripped, your drawing is right.
Steve

as long as the switches are normally closed meaning they are completing the connection until the lever is tripped, your drawing is right.
Steve

Yes, they are normally closed.

Made some progress today with the control wiring. This is nothing new or different but I wanted to post pictures so others can see what I'm doing and let me know if I've done something wrong or if there is a better way to do it.

I wired in a USB hub to power the breakout board and the relay for the power supplies. Thanks to Jumps4 for this pointer. Also got the X and Y axis drivers wired. Next steps are wiring the Z axis driver and then connecting the drivers to the breakout board.

20150409_154935.jpg

Here's a close up of the X axis driver wiring. Y axis is the same.
20150409_152229.jpg

you plug your uc100 if you have one and the breakout board into the hub also
then the hubs usb cable plugs into the pc
Steve

you plug your uc100 if you have one and the breakout board into the hub also
then the hubs usb cable plugs into the pc
Steve

OK got it. I just read your most recent post with bvd1940 about driver switch settings. I have DQ860MA drivers on the X and Y axis and 1600 oz. in. motors also. Are the switch settings shown correct for my setup? What are the settings for the Z axis (DQ2722M)?

I'm out of town for the next week so I won't be able to do anything until I get back.

Tom S

these are the switch settings for your drivers

DSCF1800.JPG DSCF1801.JPG

these are the switch settings for your drivers

Thanks. I noticed that the X and Y axis power supplies have a voltage adjustment feature. Do I need to check the voltage output before connecting them to the motors and drivers? Hoping to get the Z axis wired as soon as I get home next week so I can test the motors.

Tom S

you can it would not hurt but the voltage is not that critical
as long as it's within a volt either way
Steve

you can it would not hurt but the voltage is not that critical
as long as it's within a volt either way
Steve

I will check the voltage during the motor set up sequence.

Been on the road for the last week so was not able to get much done. Yesterday I wired the X and Y drivers to the BoB and plugged the BoB and UC-100 into the USB hub. I'll post pictures later today.

The Z axis is next. I understand the wiring schematic but how do I jumper the MF+, PU+, and DR+ using the plug that was supplied with the driver? I suspect the + wires are joined together at the BoB "com" terminal but not sure. A picture would help out a lot.

I regards to the dip switch settings I wanted to clarify that my drivers are set for 220v AC. Not sure if that has an effect on these settings.

I'm not too far away from testing the motors. Getting anxious to see this thing run under power.

Tom S

Back