Tailstock Clamp For 12" Logan [closed}

Wobbles

Active User
Registered
I have a tailstock clamp, but it must be off another lathe since it pulls through about every third time it gets tightened. The one I need seems to measure about 3.35 at its longest, and fit between 3.00 ways. The tailstock uses a 1/2 carriage bolt.

I'm willing to whittle down a slightly larger item. Just PM me with what you might have in your junk box.

Thanks for looking.

BTW.... the clamp I have is industrial green and measures 3.22 at its longest, and fits between 2.725 ways. Anyone know what this really fits ?

Wobbles, I think I have the correct Logan part, it fits a 3" way opening and is a bit shy of 3-3/8" OAL. It's in Logan gray but has no part number. Out of a bunch of High School parts stored since the early 80's. The only green lathe parts I've seen are Powermatics, it's a bright jade green color. Send me back a PM if interested.--David

Isn't it easier to just make one? It's just a rectangular piece with a hole in it.

I considered that. And I did find some 5/8 stock here at work in the scrap box that's the right size. I don't have a mill at home (but my birthday is just around the corner.... hmmmm), so I have to wait for the Production staff to go home in the evening to use the worn-out BP we have. Just to be safe I'm going to work both these options.

Thanks.

Woobles, Jeff at" Tools 4 cheap" is clearing out his inventory and has a bunch of extra steady rest clamps with no steady rests. He is selling them really cheap, and these are the same as what you need for your tailstock. Plus, put code "20percent" at checkout get an extra discount. Better hurry though, don't now how many he has. Good luck, JR49

Thanks for the replies guys. The part turned out to be much easier to make than I imagined. It's already made and on the machine.

Back