Tail stock jacobs chuck key lost ~ JT33 - HF Central machinery T45861

zaaephod

Registered
Registered
Hello all,

I've got a HF Central Machinery T45861 mini lathe, and the key for the jacobs chuck has gone missing. The chuck is labeled .5mm - 13mm JT33. Any idea where I can find a key? I've tried ebay and amazon. I could buy a whole chuck assembly, if I really have to, but I'm not sure what the taper is called on this unit. I've included a picture, if someone can help identify it.

Thanks!

P1000737.JPG

P1000737.JPG

Hello all,

I've got a HF Central Machinery T45861 mini lathe, and the key for the jacobs chuck has gone missing. The chuck is labeled .5mm - 13mm JT33. Any idea where I can find a key? I've tried ebay and amazon. I could buy a whole chuck assembly, if I really have to, but I'm not sure what the taper is called on this unit. I've included a picture, if someone can help identify it.

Thanks!

What is the diameter of the hole for the key?

The pin is .235" dia, gear teeth .680" OD

I bought a "universal" 4-way that works just fine at HF
Or the key for my 3/8 chuck works too

20140214_224000.jpg

20140214_224000.jpg

I measured the pin hole on mine at 6mm, or .236"

Could you please check how many teeth does the one you use have? The only one listed on HF right now has horrible reviews, people say it doesn't fit anything, maybe it's metric, and would perfectly for the mini lathe? Heh, got me.

12 teeth on my 3. Take the chuck with you and try the key wherever you go..

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

HI,
I noticed you live in Bismarck ND. Is there an Acme Electric/Tool Crib of the North store near by? Take the chuck with you, like Sharky suggested, and they may be able to get a new one that fits for you. I lost mine for a couple days only to find it hiding out in the chip tray visible only when I got behind the tail stock and was looking for something else. Good luck. Nodak Gary

Hah, wow, this thread is pretty old. Thanks for the responses, but I did find one at Ace Hardware. They had a bunch on the rack, but the very last one turned out to fit perfectly.

Back