Switching, Fore And Aft

Done and done. Brino was right, on in center-off hums. doesn't know the words. I rewired it, undid the first attempt, put in jumpers from the red and black wires to the switch and back. It works, use the on/off switch for on and off, use the DPDT switch for forward and reverse. I was able to run a 1/4 40 tap in and out, didn't want to back it out manually.

Gunrunner you need to order a set of these for the Z axis hand crank. Bill did you just spit coffee on your monitor? :rofl:

View attachment 253356

Reversing Switch Wiring.JPG

No monkey wrench, I've got what I want, RJ, a switch to turn the lathe on and off, and one to determine which way it will go when it starts. I realize that one switch could do the job, as you've diagrammed, and that probably would be good for a larger machine, but my little lathe works fine the way it is and I don't have to be concerned if I'm turning it on the right way or not. One switch to turn it on. The other one is out of sight.

No monkey wrench, I've got what I want, RJ, a switch to turn the lathe on and off, and one to determine which way it will go when it starts. I realize that one switch could do the job, as you've diagrammed, and that probably would be good for a larger machine, but my little lathe works fine the way it is and I don't have to be concerned if I'm turning it on the right way or not. One switch to turn it on. The other one is out of sight.
That is the way I did my drill press. I put a reversing switch on for the same reason that you did; I was threading a lot of 1/4-20 holes and did not want to manually back the tap out.

We're looking into a product that has two 1/4 40 male/female sets, 3/4 in long in each assembly. I will be threading them on the lathe, now I don't have to make the handle for the spindle to crank it backwards.

Back