Swing arm for indexer / rotary table

joefroooo

Active User
Registered
Here is a swing arm I made to move and store my rotary table. A good friend tig welded some bushings and plates to some rectangle stock. Mounted to the mill base and swings over the table. Raise the table to support when removing the bolts that hold the table. Works real well and keeps from pulling out my back. This is a 8" table and weight exceed 100lbs. By hanging it also protects the bottom from getting nicked and scratched from sliding and storing on a shelf.
Joe
DSC01549.JPG
DSC01550.JPG
DSC01551.JPG

DSC01549.JPG DSC01550.JPG DSC01551.JPG

I dont see or have any alignment issues. I checked the tram on the head every once in awhile and is never out. The casting is thick in the area that the plate is mounted to. Has been on the mill now for 4 years and no issue. I never installed the 4th bolt now that i see the picture........ Somtin else to do.
Im working on a swing arm for a working surface to be able to be shared between the lathe and the mill. Have the parts cut out and over at my welding buddys place. Should have done tonight for me to pick up. The arm works kind of like what is hooked on a dentist chair to hold their picks etc. Im always cluttering up the top of the lathe or the end of the mill table with cutters / caliper etc. Placing them in the coolant and swarf. This way the stay cleaner and at arms reach. Also this will stow along the wall when not in use. Ill post pictures later.
Joe

Well I have my Table tray done and working now. It attaches on to the shelving rack. Working real well for keeping my stuff at arms reach and clean while im working with the lathe or the mill. I have a plastic box on the tray to put cutters in to keep any of the swarf out of the tray. Also this permits carrying it over to the cutter storage area for cleaning and storing them.
shop picture 001.jpg
shop picture 002.jpg
shop picture 003.jpg

shop picture 001.jpg shop picture 002.jpg shop picture 003.jpg

Last edited:
Back