Suppressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm doing a .300 Blackout build on a 700 action with a Pac-Nor barrel and would like to make a suppressor for it.

I have not yet made or started to make the can because I do not yet have the tax stamp. I am presently filling out the paperwork to get the stamp.

I have heard rumblings that there may be changes to the law that would allow suppressors without payment of the $200.00 tax. Does anyone know anything about this? I'd hate to send in $200.00 f there is a good chance the law will be changed soon.

Impossible to discuss in depth without getting political, but yes, there is a Bill in Congress currently that will change the laws regarding suppressors.

Let's just leave it at that, shall we?

Information I heard regarding this is that there is a clause in the bill for reimbursement of the fee is the bill gets passed, so no need to hold off - the waiting time is long enough as it is without delaying putting in the Form 1. again, not gospel, but I heard it on the internet. :encourage:

Information I heard regarding this is that there is a clause in the bill for reimbursement of the fee is the bill gets passed, so no need to hold off - the waiting time is long enough as it is without delaying putting in the Form 1. again, not gospel, but I heard it on the internet. :encourage:

I read about the bill on the internet. I'm going in to the Sheriff's office today to get my fingers printed and the Sheriff's signature on all three copies.

Any idea how long the wait?

I e-filed my form 1 as a Corp. Took 6 months. Got it in before the rule change for Corps (no CLEO sign off).

Stan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I e-filed my form 1 as a Corp. Took 6 months. Got it in before the rule change for Corps (no CLEO sign off).

Stan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the Sheriff's office this morning. Closed. I guess they gave the criminals a day off for President's Day.

I'm filing as an individual. Thought about filing as our trust but seemed a bit more complicated. Don't think I'll have any problem getting the CLEO sign off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back