Stuck Choke Tube Tool

lockstocknbarrel

Active User
Registered
Hi Fellow Gun-Plumbers,
First post in this section, hope this is not a repeat.
I found a tool that I have not needed to use in some time.
I believe the photos are self explanatory but just ask questions if need be.
One thing I have learned about stuck choke tubes is first leave the barrel & choke tube to soak in plain diesel over night or longer if you can.
CRC WD40 Inox and all the other brands are good but if you ever watched just how much DIESEL penetrates then you will no what I mean.
Just turn the collet to suit a Extra Full choke and turn the taper wedge to suit your internal taper, hold the collet tool with a wrench and tighten the wedge nut up as tight as possible, then just turn the whole set-up to release the stuck choke.
Any Hoo as the other guys say check out the pictures.
Kindest Regards
Beagles

Choke-Tube-Tool #2.jpg Choke-Tube-Tool-#1.jpg Choke-Tube-Tool-#3.jpg Choke-Tube-Tool-#4.jpg

Thanks Bill,
Thanks for taking the time to reply, yes the collet system if made larger with a handle will make a good control unit for the headstock it is on my to do list.

It amazes me at times that one can take the time to post, and 100's look but can bother to make a comment.
If my post is garbage then say so I have big shoulders.
Kindest Regards
Beagles

Nice post Beagles.

Like Bill I use the same arrangement to attach a crank handle to the spindle on my lathe. Only used it a couple of times but it works well.

Very nice. Well written post also. I see many uses for this tool. Matter of fact this is how I internally attach a handle to my spindle.

"Billy G"

Billy
I can't see me removing a stuck choke but I like your use of the idea presented by Beagles for retaining a spindle handle. I'll have to steal it to go with the planned splindle crank handle somewhere down my round-to-it list.

Thanks to both of you.

Benny

It's a mechanism with many uses. And many slight variations to permit those uses. I've usually made a very smooth mating taper on the OD and ID where they mate. Once or twice I have pinned and slotted them to make sure they didn't spin. I've rescued parts by swelling them out and back into tolerance, I've restored the roundness of thin-walled parts that have been knocked over and been dented, I've used them to grip the ID of parts for machining and grinding. Lots of stuff.

Good post, Beagles!

Beagles, nice post. Like you said a soak in diesel or kroil plus a trip in the freezer most always works. But, you have a good idea if a new tool is needed.
Bobby

Back