Strap wrench

A

abunai

Forum Guest
Register Today
I have a set of those cheap plastic strap wrenches.
They work OK for light duty work.
I'm looking for something more heavy duty.
10" to 12" strap.
Need some suggestions on......
What type of handle. Steal or Aluminum?????
What type of strap. Rubber, nylon, others????
I'd also like to be able to replace the strap.

Ridgid. I own two. They are very well made. Heavy duty cloth/fabric strap that is replaceable.
For oil filters, I have a Snap On and a Crescent. Oil filters should not be fitted that tight in the first place.
But, you get those that have been wrenched on too tight or haven't been changed in a while.
Anyway, Ridgid and Geodore & Hazet Germany are a few, of the best I've seen and used.

Don't buy those cheap rubber strap wrenches. Pure garbage.

For all around use, including Albrecht chuck refurbs. (Tightening the hood back).

Ridgid USA:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009W9BS6/ref=dp_cerb_1?th=1

I've made a few larger than normal sizes using seat belt webbing and square tubing. Just about as basic as you can get, and they work well. The seat belt material is very strong and grips well. For normal use though, count another one for the Rigid brand. If you need greater grip, step up to a chain wrench.

Trying to remove a stuck chuck.
I'll look for a Ridgid.
Last resort would be the chain wernch. I have one.

+1 on the Ridgid I have 2 sizes. :bonjour:Was in HD when they switch to there husky brand and the larger one was marked $1.99 and the small one $.99. So they both had to come home with me.

Trying to remove a stuck chuck.
I'll look for a Ridgid.
Last resort would be the chain wernch. I have one.

What type of chuck are you trying to separate? Albrecht, lathe, Jacobs, threaded drill chuck?

Back