Storebro Lathe Crossslide

Snowgoose

Registered
Registered
can any of you guys with the old Storebro lathe meassure the small finger bolt used for turning on the crossslide feed. It was sadly missing on my lathe, so i will have to make a new one.

storebro 2662.jpg

Have you had that one out of the shaft? I just want to know that nothing will go flying across the shop, never to be seen again. :eek 2:

Hi Mike!

Yes i took it out, nothing else came out, but i replaced it with a shorter one to make sure nothing else came out or in :fat: while working on it

Pictures and measurements tomorrow.

This should give you enough info to make a good replica of the clutch knob. The original was made by casting a black plastic knob onto a 5/16 - 18 NC hex-head bolt. The replacement could be made out of steel, aluminum or brass. In that case, I would drill and tap and use permanent thread locker to fix the threaded rod into the knob. Medium stright knurling would match the original, but diamond knurling would work as well.

P1060185a.jpg P1060186a.jpg P1060187a.jpg P1060188a.jpg

Attachments

• img024.pdf
    352.9 KB · Views: 4
I Got it fixed, but dont have a picture, but i got a picture of all the drawers been refubished and put back in, now i just need to mount the 2 doors and fix the board on the bottom where the last owner used a forklift on it and trashed the wood..:(..not sure if i will paint it kinda like the raw look..:)

Do you know which oil is used for the lower gearbox..?

20170131_180746.jpg

I've never even thought about changing the oil. I would think a good transmission oil would slow down wear and possibly keep the gear noise down a bit.

Ok there is a red line in the glass below the cap, and figured it had to have oil to the line but no oil there. had the lathe running for a few mins. running smooth no bad noise at all.
been looking at the wiring too, does not look good will have to take the motor out and change the wiring all the way.

Back