Steady, Follow Rest And Taper Attachment Needed

olcopper

Registered
Registered
I have a SB 17" Turn-Nado and need the above parts---spares and parts for these are hard to locate, it seems, so anything that could be modified, adapted or plans to build from scratch would be appreciated---ideas and suggestions would be appreciated too----and, I am on a fixed income and FWIW, disabled too.
Thanks,
olcopper

When I purchased my lathe several years ago I also needed a steady and follow rest. After searching for a couple of years for OEM parts I finally gave up and started just searching for good quality used steady and follow rests that I could adapt to my lathe. I found both and just did a little machining to each and machined adapter mounts to accommodate my lathe. Both have worked out very well. eBay, Craigs List and some of the used machinery suppliers are good sources for this sort of thing. Some photos attached.

DSCN0307_01.JPG DSCN0312_01.JPG DSCN0847_01.JPG DSCN0849_01.JPG DSCN0852_01.JPG

Good luck
Ted

Last edited:
On eBay I found a bargain on a well made, imported, set of steady and traveler rests for a 13" lathe. The steady was 0.20" too tall, and the V-way was 0.06" too close to center to fit my 12" x 35" Logan lathe. But the base was thick enough for me to re-machine to fit.

Just found this steady rest for a 17" Tornado....$500 though but here it is. Seller is in New Jersey.

Splat,
Thanks for the heads up, but, that's way out of my price range, as are most of Turn Nado parts i've managed to find, looks like I'm going to have to keep wishing and looking.olcopper

Splat,
Thanks for the heads up, but, that's way out of my price range, as are most of Turn Nado parts i've managed to find, looks like I'm going to have to keep wishing and looking.olcopper

I hear ya! When I got my Heavy 10 and started looking at what tooling I needed...I should'a just bought a boat! :dollars:

Back