Starrett Level Cost

This is good to know. I think my level may be relieved. I did get some light through the middle under mine. I think it may also rock on 2 opposite corners. Still on the bench as to plans of lapping it flat. Then there is the v way, not sure if it is the same condition. I have no reliable way to measure it right now.
Jack

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

IMHO For leveling machines in a home/hobby shop you don't necessarily need a Starrett. I paid $80 for a used "made in Poland" brand level on eBay. It's accurate to .0005" in 12" I think it is more than adequate to level most machines.
I used one of those Polish levels and they are petfect

This is good to know. I think my level may be relieved. I did get some light through the middle under mine. I think it may also rock on 2 opposite corners. Still on the bench as to plans of lapping it flat. Then there is the v way, not sure if it is the same condition. I have no reliable way to measure it right now.
Jack

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Every time I got a Starett I rescraped it, they are bowed in the middle

Yep my Polish, VIS brand level. It works perfectly. I used it to set up my lathes and mill, they all produce accurate work. I don't see any reason to seek anything else.

Back