Standard-modern lathe

The wife unit dropped my camera and i can't quite get it to focus correctly. I'll try it tomarrow and see if i can get some pics!

The wife unit dropped my camera and i can't quite get it to focus correctly. I'll try it tomarrow and see if i can get some pics!
If you have a phone with a camera, might be good way to do it - camera phones usually keep the number of bits reasonable for postings :) Many times I have used my 'real" camera and the post has hard time resizing it/never had that problem with using my phone camera. Just a idea ...

Well i finally got this thing up and running. It's a little noisy but i can live it. I tried turning a piece of round stock and found the chuck to be .015 out of round. It's a 3 jaw Forkhardt F-160 German chuck. I pulled it off and checked the tapered mounting surface and it has no run out to speak of. Does anyone know if this chuck can be adjusted in any way? I know i should just get a 4 jaw but money is very tight at the moment! I did also check to see if the jaws were in the correct locations also and they were.
Thanks!!!

Back