[Source] Square D Wiring Diagram

Excellent primer on reading electrical control/ladder diagrams. The only thing I feel they could've made clearer were the timer contact descriptions under "Contacts" & "Contacts retarded..." they might've said instead of NOTC & NCTO timers, timing occurs when coil energizes &/or ON-Delay & for NOTO & NCTC timers, timing occurs when coil de-energizes &/or OFF-Delay. That's what all the automation electricians & control designers I worked with, including my former boss called them. I think this terminology is a little clearer because it shows what the coil's doing when timing occurs, or what initiates the timing action. Thanks Nels!

Thank you Nels. Sq D has long been a favorite of mine no matter the level of automation and their product support is fantastic. Their sales staff takes the time to keep you updated on new product releases and shares information on current products all the time. Great company and if you get invited to one of their sales conventions hang on to your hat, what a blast!!! They are now owned by Siemens Corp but are still very viable in the industry!

Back