Special thanks to Ray C ! !

1962guy

Registered
Registered
Gentlemen,

I am new to this board and currently have been researching for my first mill. I placed a post inquiring about a Grizzly machine (G0720R). Ray reached out to me and we ended up having a very nice visit on the phone.

He shared a lot of good info and as a "freshmen" to machine tools he was extremely informative. I am very appreciative for his time and willingness to share his vast knowledge with me.

Thanks so much Ray C. I look forward to our next visit.

Now THAT is what this place is all about!!

Welcome aboard 1962guy, and thanks to Ray C for going above and beyond!

Thanks all... I usually get 2-6 emails, private messages or calls a week with folks that are stuck on something. And most folks are aware that I do a lot of machining for folks here and I usually make a project out of it -and all I ask is that you cover the postage and make a donation to this web site.

A couple years ago, it became apparent that I really liked metalwork (LOL).... and as fate should have it, I lost my job not long ago. -Don't feel sorry.... Probably a blessing in disguise as dealing with Executive VPs and CEOs was starting to keep me awake at night. Most of you probably know, I've started my own consulting and sales company and in between being ungodly busy dealing with that, I spend all my time talking about and thinking about shop work...

I know I've been a little scarce around here lately and hopefully things will settle-out soon. But in the mean time, don't be afraid to rattle off questions here. There's no such thing as a bad question.... [ But I will say, I was a little amused about one fellow here who contacted me a couple years ago because his mill wouldn't cut at all... -Helps to have it in forward and not reverse... ]

Ray

+1 to what 1962guy said. Ray and I have talked on the phone and exchanged emails. He is very friendly and knowledgeable. Thanks Ray, people like you (and many others on this board) are what makes this forum a great place.
:drink:

I agree wholeheartedly, Ray C is amazing. I am a newbie to machining and have been searching for used equipment for months with no success. I was wary about buying foreign made machines because received quality can be such a crap shoot. Then I 'met' Ray. He took the time to answer my questions and told me what makes PM different from the rest. We traded several emails and then spent and hour or so on the phone. Never once did he try to pressure me to buy PM but once my questions had been answered I decided to order a lathe (PM1236) and mill (PM932-PDF). Ray just gave me honest answers and the products sold themselves. It was a great experience and I am confident about my choices. I cannot overstate how much Ray's help is appreciated.

I met Ray on this forum after making my PM45 cnc purchase and he has gone out of his way to answer any question I had and we continue to stay in touch regarding our cnc mills

Thanks Ray for all your help

Back