Source for m16x1.2 Deckel Collets

ycroosh

Active User
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Hello,
I just picked up a nice GHA single lip cutter grinder (Deckel clone). The machine is in a really good state, but apparently the collets are rarer than when's teeth - they are smaller than the ones used by Deckel SO. I found a company in Europe that sells them, but a) they are expensive, b) they don't have imperial sizes and c) I'm not even sure they will ship the states.
Does anyone know a distributor on this side of the pond, or better yet, has some of these for sale? I'm looking for 1/8, 3/18, and 1/2 (if they even exist).
Thank you in advance
Yuriy

P.S. Picture of the machine
20200423_174649.jpg

And here is a "R-rated" one (because that is what one does - you buy a machine, you see what it's made of :) ):
20200423_193121.jpg

Those are called "U2 Collets". Plenty on e b a y , $15 to $33 ea. If you are looking for them x1/32nds - that is much harder to find. Search both "U2 Collets" and "Deckel". I've purchased the asia made ones and original Deckel ones - the asia ones that I have purchased seem to be good.

U2 collets have 20x2 buttress thread, no? Mine have 16x1.2 thread. They seem to be smaller than the standard collets that Deckel SO grinder takes.

So, after talking to four different companies in across 3 countries I found one NOS 12mm collet.
If anyone has these and wants to part ways with them, please PM me.
Regards
Yuriy

Back