Source For Bp Handwheel For Fine Quill Movement

AxeMaker

Registered
Registered
Hi,

I know quite a few of you have stated that you rarely use, if at all, the 5" handwheel for the fine quill Z adjustment. However if you want to get one to use or just to complete a rebuild take a look at this one I found on Amazon.com. For $6.87 you get an aluminum two spoke handwheel drilled to 3/8". So just drill it to 1/2" bore and drill and tap for the handle and you've got a nice wheel on the cheap.

An all steel revolving handle can be had on eBay here. The thread is 3/8"- 16 and the length= 4".

I bought five of them and they are really nice and heavy, not mention $5.00 each +shipping. My order of 5 of them plus $6.50 shipping so they ended up being $6.30 each.

handwheel.png
handle.png
Wheel Schematic.png

If you would have asked nicely on this forum you probably could have received several genuine BP handles for the cost of shipping. Most users take them off and leave them off...

Both the handwheel and handle are a lot cheaper than McMaster Carr. McMaster has anything you would want; just a bit pricey for me.

Hi,

I know quite a few of you have stated that you rarely use, if at all, the 5" handwheel for the fine quill Z adjustment. However if you want to get one to use or just to complete a rebuild take a look at this one I found on Amazon.com. For $6.87 you get an aluminum two spoke handwheel drilled to 3/8". So just drill it to 1/2" bore and drill and tap for the handle and you've got a nice wheel on the cheap.

An all steel revolving handle can be had on eBay here. The thread is 3/8"- 16 and the length= 4".

I bought five of them and they are really nice and heavy, not mention $5.00 each +shipping. My order of 5 of them plus $6.50 shipping so they ended up being $6.30 each.

But Dean, you missed out on the opportunity to spend a little more money and a whole lot more time making your own from scratch :grin big:. I made this one from a piece of scrap plate I had. Took a few hours, but it was fun.

011-1.jpg

Ted

Both the handwheel and handle are a lot cheaper than McMaster Carr. McMaster has anything you would want; just a bit pricey for me.

I have an account with McMaster-Carr. Yes they can be pricey, but sometimes they are the only ones that have certain things. I bought 5 of those handles and they are indeed nice.

But Dean, you missed out on the opportunity to spend a little more money and a whole lot more time making your own from scratch :grin big:. I made this one from a piece of scrap plate I had. Took a few hours, but it was fun.

View attachment 136060

Ted

Very Nice !

Yeah... one thing I dont have is time right now. I have too many projects going on and with the way my back hurts I have to pick my battles so to speak. LOL

If you would have asked nicely on this forum you probably could have received several genuine BP handles for the cost of shipping. Most users take them off and leave them off...

Hi Bob,

Yes I probably could, but I feel that if I have the means to buy one, I will let the freebies go to someone that really needs it. :tranquility:

The Amazon link is now showing $24.33---you got a deal!!

old singer sewing machines have nice ones

Back