Soon to be a PM-935T-S owner

And yes the T-S is Taiwan, Step Pulley. No that larger mills are not from Taiwan, but with these, a lot of people compare to the Jet 836 mill. This mill is WAAAAYYYY Better.

Jet is China, this one is Taiwan. Jet costs more. No spindle down feed on the Jet, the PM has a full featured mill head, with spindle feed, just like a Bridgeport.

The PM Head tilts left to right, AND front to back. The Jet does not.

The Jet has an "Industry Leading" 2 year warranty. The PM Taiwan machines now have a 5 year warranty.

Jet has a better web site, I will give them that.

The PM is cheaper. (Unfortunately have to go up a bit soon here the factory raised the price, but still a good bit less than the Jet)

There is nothing even close to this PM-935TS/V Mill out there that I know of, in the USA.

Well, I caved. I thought long enough that I figured this would be a once in a lifetime purchase. So, I gave Matt a shout and moved my deposit over to a variable version of this machine. So, I get to wait another month or two but I get a variable machine plus it will run off of single phase. Hopefully my patience will prove to be a good decision. :whistle:

Variable speed..... You will not regret it. Trust me on that...

Ray

Well, I caved. I thought long enough that I figured this would be a once in a lifetime purchase. So, I gave Matt a shout and moved my deposit over to a variable version of this machine. So, I get to wait another month or two but I get a variable machine plus it will run off of single phase. Hopefully my patience will prove to be a good decision. :whistle:

Oh yeah, Variable speed will be a much nicer option to have from the outset. Most folks wait till the OE motors die then replace with variable speed, but why not do it in the beginning and save the headache later. Plus the difference in price is less than doing it later. With as long a warranty as they have you will probably be an old hand with it by the time it needs any TLC. So far I have never heard of a PM showing any sign of premature wear or any dissatisfaction by any one. So they are good solid machine from the git go and appear to hold up extremely well for the forseeable future. I'm sure you will not regret making the change to Variable and I'm sure Matt is giving you the best deal he possibly can too. So don't forget the pics of it arriving and getting uncrated. That will give all of us jealous folks something else to drool over when it gets there. Good luck and spend your waiting time wisely by having a look at the MIT and Glacern videos on you tube. You might also start shopping around for tooling and accessories that you will eventually wish to add, such as a rotary table or power drawbar. Once you get into the addiction it only gets better.... Trust me, you are in for a ton of fun with your new machine.

Bob

Hi Bob / All,

FWIW, out of thousands of PM mills out there, Matt gets maybe 1 defective motor every couple years. If you're waiting for the OE moter to burn out, you got a long wait on your hands...

Ray

Oh yeah, Variable speed will be a much nicer option to have from the outset. Most folks wait till the OE motors die then replace with variable speed, but why not do it in the beginning and save the headache later. Plus the difference in price is less than doing it later. With as long a warranty as they have you will probably be an old hand with it by the time it needs any TLC. So far I have never heard of a PM showing any sign of premature wear or any dissatisfaction by any one. So they are good solid machine from the git go and appear to hold up extremely well for the forseeable future. I'm sure you will not regret making the change to Variable and I'm sure Matt is giving you the best deal he possibly can too. So don't forget the pics of it arriving and getting uncrated. That will give all of us jealous folks something else to drool over when it gets there. Good luck and spend your waiting time wisely by having a look at the MIT and Glacern videos on you tube. You might also start shopping around for tooling and accessories that you will eventually wish to add, such as a rotary table or power drawbar. Once you get into the addiction it only gets better.... Trust me, you are in for a ton of fun with your new machine.

Bob

Matt / All,

Time flies... I remember you talking about this machine almost 3 years ago. You were looking for the right set of features and someone who could build it at an affordable cost. I remember you mentioning two roadblocks; one was finding the perfect motor and the other was the Turcite. Looks like you over-came the problems... Here's a stretch goal... How about CNC on this thing? I'd probably sell my car to get one.

Ray

IMG_0615.JPG

And yes the T-S is Taiwan, Step Pulley. No that larger mills are not from Taiwan, but with these, a lot of people compare to the Jet 836 mill. This mill is WAAAAYYYY Better.

Jet is China, this one is Taiwan. Jet costs more. No spindle down feed on the Jet, the PM has a full featured mill head, with spindle feed, just like a Bridgeport.

The PM Head tilts left to right, AND front to back. The Jet does not.

The Jet has an "Industry Leading" 2 year warranty. The PM Taiwan machines now have a 5 year warranty.

Jet has a better web site, I will give them that.

The PM is cheaper. (Unfortunately have to go up a bit soon here the factory raised the price, but still a good bit less than the Jet)

There is nothing even close to this PM-935TS/V Mill out there that I know of, in the USA.

Hello Guys,

Does anyone know the price of the second 935T in the picture with the table feed and DRO? Just curious, that looks like the one to get if the price is right.

Bye the way, I really appreciate all of the good input from everyone. I'm new to this group and proud to be a member. Great bunch of people!!!

Thanks,
Larry

Hi... there are two basic models. S-single phase at $4999 and V-variable speed 3 phase at 5999. Two axis DRO is $599 and three axis runs 2-3 hundred more depending on the DRO head you want.

These are really sweet machines in that size range.

Ray

Hello Guys,

Does anyone know the price of the second 935T in the picture with the table feed and DRO? Just curious, that looks like the one to get if the price is right.

Bye the way, I really appreciate all of the good input from everyone. I'm new to this group and proud to be a member. Great bunch of people!!!

Thanks,
Larry

Hi Ray,
So, does the VS model include the power table feed or is that extra as well? Also, do they not make a single phase Variable Speed model?
Thanks,
Larry

They are all AC motors so the single phase cannot be made variable speed. The VS versions are outfitted with VFD (EDIT: I misspoke and originally said DRO, meant to write VFD).

All three axis can be outfitted with powerfeed but sadly, cost is approximately $395 per axis. Matt does this work at his warehouse.

BTW, the next shipment of these are leaving the factory in 5 days and the boat ride and local transportation is 4 weeks. There are 2 or 3 of each type that will be available. All others were sold beforehand.

Ray

EDIT: PS, if the 935 is beyond your budget, there are still a handful of 932's in stock with power downfeed and 2 or 3 axis DRO.

Hi Ray,
So, does the VS model include the power table feed or is that extra as well? Also, do they not make a single phase Variable Speed model?
Thanks,
Larry

Last edited:
Back