Soon to be a PM-935T-S owner

TimMTP

Registered
Registered
Well, after much consternation wondering which mill to buy, I just let Matt con me into his last PM-935T-S. Actually, he didn't have to try too hard, I knew what I needed, I just hated doubling my budget. But, I know I'll be much happier in the long run with this than the PM-932M I was about to buy.

Now if I just knew how to run a milling machine....:panic:

Oh well, a few months ago I didn't know how to build a 1911 either. Ain't knowledge great? :jester:

Good for you Tim! Pics when it shows up!

People rarely complain about having "more machine" once you actually get it home.. Good luck!

Bernie

It's not as much about what you know, as it is how well/efficiently/consistently you figure things out.

Oh man, SWEET mill.. Congrats and I'm thinking you just might kinda suck... (need that green envy icon).

In my ideal world (given the kind of stuff I personally do) I would want that mill and the CNC version of the PM45. That would cover it for me completely.

Good luck and show us pics.

Ray

EDIT: BTW, the "you suck" thing is totally in jest and good humor..

Well, after much consternation wondering which mill to buy, I just let Matt con me into his last PM-935T-S. Actually, he didn't have to try too hard, I knew what I needed, I just hated doubling my budget. But, I know I'll be much happier in the long run with this than the PM-932M I was about to buy.

Oh well, a few months ago I didn't know how to build a 1911 either. Ain't knowledge great? :jester:

What's the T-S designation?

I'm green with envy too. I would love to have the money to get a new mill from Matt. I had to scrimp and save to get a used Lathe, fortunately there are good souls in this world and I got a very nice used 9X from one of the members of this group. Couldn't have done it without a little help from an outstanding fellow. Don't forget the pics of uncrating it and initial assembly. The machines Matt has have been showing up in excellent condition and well assembled from the factory. I still recommend doing a tear down and clean to remove all of the shipping grease they apply in China. It will also help to familiarize you with your new machine on a much more intimate level. I think when folks do this they avoid any of the possible shortcomings that are usually discovered with these machines later on. Matt is a stand up guy and will be glad to help if you do encounter any issues, but I think he personally inspects each machine before shipping, so there is less to worry about when you get one from him. Good luck and congrats on the new machine. Now you all just need to donate to my charity so I can get a new mill too!!!!! Hah hah just kidding.

Bob

Congratulations, those look like sweet little machines.

If I were to ever buy new, I would look hard at those.

Thanks guys.

I really should get ready to take pictures. Part of the reason I was looking at this mill and the 932 is due to the fact that I need it to fit through a regular 36" door. That operation is bound to produce tons of fun moments.

Oh, and Ray C, I totally understand the jest. I'm sure I'll be so excited when it shows up that I'll think I suck too. :LOL:

Oh trust me, you so totally suxorz dude! :drool:

I'm pretty good at the whipper snapper lingo eh?

Yes Tim you will love this machine, they are so nice. No cleaning or anything required on this one. Get it through the door, hook it up, and you are ready to go. These mills are the quality of a Sharp LMV. Just a little smaller, and lot less money. Our larger mills come from this factory too, they do an excellent job.

The only reason we even go over these machines before shipping, is that they are just so nice to look at!

And don't worry, I've fit a larger mill through a 36" Door, so you will have no problem at all. Just a little bit of an angle and some table moving, you will be good to go.

Back