Some Pictures Of The Pm-1228vf-lb

So does it now have a variable speed knob instead of only push buttons? The pictures form 2015 did not appear to have the knob pictured in these.

The tailstock design looks very weak. I don't like the thin area between the base of the tailstock and where the tailstock spindle is .

I don't know what that lever on the side of the carriage is for. I have not seen a power crossfeed lever that looks like that one. Is it a power crossfeed lever or something else?

The tailstock design looks very weak. I don't like the thin area between the base of the tailstock and where the tailstock spindle is .

I don't know what that lever on the side of the carriage is for. I have not seen a power crossfeed lever that looks like that one. Is it a power crossfeed lever or something else?
I do not know I have yet to get the machine

Does anyone have an update on the status of the incoming shipment? With my luck it probably got lost in the typhoon.

waiting.jpg

They are listed on Ebay. Wish I was ready for one, Spring if I'm lucky.

I got an email last week telling me the machines are in the US they wanted the balance of the invoice, I was told they will be sorted out and inspected this week, and the machines in this lot will be shipped at the beginning of next week 8/29

Now it looks like the tailstock doesn't just have a narrow looking single piece between the base and the quill surround. It appears to have an "H" cross section. If so,the tailstock will be a lot stronger than I had thought!:)

Hard to see with that white paint.

By the way,WHY are machines sometimes painted WHITE? It is the absolutely WORST color to paint a machine. Invariably oil will permanently stain the white paint,and you will see every speck that gets on your machine. The first time you are too tired to thoroughly clean your machine,the oil will have sunk into the paint by the time you do clean it.

Gray is a good standard color to paint machinery. They used to paint machines a dark olive drab color back in the WWI era. That really might have been the most practical color,dark and rather dreary as it might have been. I had an old B&S milling machine that was that color for a while. It was from the 40's or 50's. I never bothered to track down the serial # to date it. This was before the internet,and easy access to information.

I also wonder why it seemed to be common practice to paint lathes in auto repair shops red.

Back