Some More Of My Car Boot & Flea Collection. (long Post / Pic Heavy)

Picked up a lovely indicator holder at a flea market today, looks possibly custom made? Although it does have Mercer written on the clamp.

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Also got my hands on a few taps, building the collection of these very slowly.

IMG_0853.jpg

Almost missed these clamp blocks tucked away in the corner of a stand, the seller wanted £10 for the pair which seemed like a good price to me, they look very handy for clamping down round stock. Picked up some interesting pliers (another part of my obsession) and sundries too.

IMG_0854.jpg

I had a couple of non-tool related bargains / profit makers too so this weekend has been a lot of fun and pretty much self financing :)

Also the die & tap set above is a Greenfield Little Giant No 2. Can't find an info sheet on it, but the box is stamped whitworth. Its a lot bigger than it looks in the picture!

It does look like its built to outlast me, its three phase looking at the manual online so I won't be able to use it until I get a better place to work from - but I plan on keeping it for some time!

They're normally single phase, but across two phases to get the voltage/current required - for the UK you can wire 'em for 220v if you check the transformer connections, pull A LOT of amps though, not going to plug into a 13A socket, nor even a 16A! You MIGHT get away with a 32A (Commando) socket on a separate breaker in your fusebox / consumer unit, if you can find one a 63A socket would be better, with 10mm cable from a 50A MCB -- it needs to be a type C or D MCB though, because of the inrush current!

Dave H. (the other one)

Back