[solved] Why Postage Stamps Cost So Much

joshua43214

Active User
Registered
Well folks, I think I figured out why it costs so much to send a letter these days.

IMAG0456.jpg

Yes, that is indeed 3 pieces of 2 5/8" x 10" long steel rounds in an envelope...
For you metric folks that's 68mm x 254mm

According to my chart that is about 46lbs (20.8kg) delivered in two days, insured, and tracked for $5.75

I'm all about free shipping when I see it, but this is taking things a bit far lol

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

Thanks, Josh, I found something I needed. Had to pay postage, but good lord, the price is great, even with postage.

Thanks, the last time I looked on line for some round stock, the shipping was more than the material.

"IF IT FITS IT SHIPS" Didn't you get the memo....

If you're representing that the picture shows what was shipped (assuming the envelope was closed, not torn when received), it seems miraculous. The three pieces weren't even stretch wrapped or taped together. Are you in the same ZIP code as the seller? :grin:

Actually, I think your story is a good reason NOT to buy from that seller. When I order something, it's because I want it. I'm not desiring an opportunity to engage in a debate about problem resolution.

You were fortunate to get the package with contents.

It looks like it was reinforced with fiberglass and packing tape. You almost can't break fiber reinforced tape by hand!

I've been getting my metal for years this way..saves me a 80 mile trip

Back