So, I came into a pallet load of .062 MIG wire...

TORQUIN

Registered
Registered
OK, maybe a pallet is too big, maybe 25 spools of it, all flux core and in plastic bag or plastic bag and box. There's one or two rolls of .055 wire in there too. It got thrown in with another deal.
It's too big for my Miller 350P, which can handle .045. What can I do with it? Have thought about selling it, or using it for an electric fence.

Thanks,
Chris

Electric Fence sounds good to me.

I don't know of anyone that runs flux core wire that size. That size is almost always used for submerged arc welding more than you find in mig welding.

Edit- Actually you can use it for MIG welding, dad had a gun set up for 1/16 wire for his welder. Never saw him weld with it though, always .045 wire.

Yeah sell it on eBay or Craig's List.

Electric Fence sounds good to me.

I don't know of anyone that runs flux core wire that size. That size is almost always used for submerged arc welding more than you find in mig welding.

Flu

Edit- Actually you can use it for MIG welding, dad had a gun set up for 1/16 wire for his welder. Never saw him weld with it though, always .045 wire.
OK, maybe a pallet is too big, maybe 25 spools of it, all flux core and in plastic bag or plastic bag and box. There's one or two rolls of .055 wire in there too. It got thrown in with another deal.
It's too big for my Miller 350P, which can handle .045. What can I do with it? Have thought about selling it, or using it for an electric fence.

Thanks,
Chris

Is it gasless fluxcore or gas shielded fluxcore or maybe even metal core wire. I used to run 3/32 gas shielded fluxcore by the ton. Post up the brand and AWS class.

I got to looking and it turns out Miller does make feed wheels for 1/16" wire, so I could use it in my 350P, if I have something big enough to weld. My problem is I don't get enough need to weld around here. All I got is a trailer frame with a crack in it now. It's only 1/8" steel, so probably won't need that thick of wire to weld it.
I will get back out to the shed where it is stored and get more specs off of it.

Thanks,
Chris

I got to looking and it turns out Miller does make feed wheels for 1/16" wire, so I could use it in my 350P, if I have something big enough to weld. My problem is I don't get enough need to weld around here. All I got is a trailer frame with a crack in it now. It's only 1/8" steel, so probably won't need that thick of wire to weld it.
I will get back out to the shed where it is stored and get more specs off of it.

Thanks,
Chris

Keep a couple spools and Ebay that stuff!

OK, I have:
Kobe 71T-1, .062
Lincoln Outershield MC-710XL, .062
Lincoln Outershield 71-H, .062
Megafil 713R, .062
Hobart Fabco XL-71, .052
Coreweld 70 (E71-T1), .062
Nittetsu SF-3, .052
JIS SF-36F, .052

Most are 44lb rolls.

Chris

Thanks,
Chris

Well you do have enough wire to turn that 1/8 inch frame trailer into a 1/2 inch frame trailer by building up the entire thing!

Back