Smokey Stover's FooMobile

TOOLNUT

Active User
Registered
Old Guys take note !

Popular Mechanics, (June 78), ran an article featuring real, (project), cars that were built along the lines of the two wheeled Fire Chief's car from the old " Smokey Stover comic strip , It had one wheel on each side, not one front, and one in back. The article revealed how the car was balanced . I Have seen pictures of one that was built by a gentleman in Indiana and have long wanted to build one myself. I am seeking plans or other building information.
Has anyone here built one ?? or do you know a source for plans , or other building information ??
Jerry

Thanks Guys,
I have re-read the article as in the posted reply and decided to send for plans and information to the address in the article. It is quite old and may not be active today but I will try and will keep you posted if I get a response.

As to whether I have one in the works...........well maybe....
I currently have one in progress in my "Special Projects, Engineering Dept" Sometimes just known as in my head. Actually there is limited space in there and other projects are fighting for time so I am only just thinking about it at present. But I usually get far more enjoyment from solving the problems than from the finished projects anyway.

FUNKY YOU SAY !,
I looked it up and my dictionary said it meant "New ..Stylish. I'll take that anyday,... and THANK YOU.

Jerry

At the Toronto Motorcycle Show last year there was a SINGLE wheel motorcycle! It was shown on discovery channel and in a couple cycle magazines as well. I wonder if the designs are related?

Plan Follow up,
Thanx agn,
I have contacted the builder ( or maybe it's his family) and "plans are being revised but may be available shortly".
They also manufacture parts such as the fiberglass body and I don't know what else ??
I have asked for more info and prices. Suspect that we may be getting in to a situation where the price may influence my decision to do it. This is the second time that I have asked for prices ??

In regard to the magazine plan seller...I may also follow up on that as I have another germ growing in my thought locker. This one is a backyard helicopter from about 12 years earlier yet, in Popular Science. Kind of a neat thing that travels in a circle at the end of an arm and can rise and fall by hand control.
I let my granchildren get too old for it while I was thinking about it but now have a second chance with my nephews two little ones. All I need are plans and ambition.

Hate to reveal my ignorance, but what is "tivo" ?

Jerry

Back