Smithy Midas 1220 LTD

AGAS

Registered
Registered
I am down to the above 3-1 machine for my small garage. I would love anyone's comments positive and negative.. Thanks so much.. AGAS

I am down to the above 3-1 machine for my small garage. I would love anyone's comments positive and negative.. Thanks so much.. AGAS

There are plenty of comments out there, both on Smithy and about 3-in-1s in general. I can't give you any personal experience though.

Have you looked at the Shopmaster machines? http://shoptask.com/image.png

M

image.png

The 1220 is a rock solid performer. I am a member of the Smithy group on Yahoo and them fellers get them to do some literally amazing things. 3-n-1 machines are a trade off and do have issues with tramming and rigidity, but for a bigger bang for the buck on a tight budget I don't think they can be beat. The 1220 has been around for a long time so there is plenty of tooling and there are several real experts with them who will be glad to help if you get stuck. If I had to make a decision on seperate and smaller or combined and compact I would go the combined route again. I'm pretty happy with my 3-N-1 and have no plans to replace it. I will just add a larger mill to the shop later on, if I live that long...
Bob

we just bought one and now you through in a hold down kit thats not funny and I would love to see smithy offer a "most" everything you'll need kit to go with your machine we just baught a 1340 i mx I love it but so many tools I still NEED lol

we just bought one and now you through in a hold down kit thats not funny and I would love to see smithy offer a "most" everything you'll need kit to go with your machine we just baught a 1340 i mx I love it but so many tools I still NEED lol

At Smithy prices I doubt you cold afford a 'most everything' kit.
For instance, the clamp kit shown is easily available for less than half their price.

M

I definately give that unit a plus 1. Smithy machines have a good fit and finish and are well supported with parts if you should ever need them. I would join the Smithy group on Yahoo and follow their tune up and truing guidelines to get the most out of that machine. All asian machines need to be cleaned, lubed and properly adjusted initially, once that is completed they give wonderfull service over a long period of time. You will definately love the 1220.
Bob

Back