Small Atlas Lathe

It's the before shot. It is too hot to handle right after taking it out. Will get the after shot shortly.

"Billy G"

Here are after shots, I could have left it longer and all the paint would be removed.

"Billy G" :whistle:

aft 001 (700 x 525).jpg aft 002 (700 x 525).jpg

I added a pint of Evapo-Rust to this one to see what would happen. High heat overnight. Works even better and in less time. 1 gallon AF and 1 PT -- ER. I will see if this is OK with Aluminum also. I have some old worn out model engines to play with.

"Billy G" :thinking:

I added a pint of Evapo-Rust to this one to see what would happen. High heat overnight. Works even better and in less time. 1 gallon AF and 1 PT -- ER. I will see if this is OK with Aluminum also. I have some old worn out model engines to play with.

"Billy G" :thinking:

This is AWESOME! I'm doing the exact same restoration. I'm going to have to wait until spring before I can paint mine:-( Do you have any smell that comes from the crockpot? I would like to try this in my basement, but my wife will kill me if I stink up her house:) If you want to see how a total AMATURE make mistakes doing what you're doing, check out my restoration.

Thanks in advance........jster1963

Back