Slab milling cutter adapters.

From what I understand, it came from Ohio. The place made car parts for Dodge. Notice the green color like the hot cars of the time. I ran an indicator tested this thing all over and nothing out of spec. Love it.

The shop where I apprenticed had no vertical mill for several years until they bought a used #3 Cincinnati vertical, so most of my early experience was on their #4 Cincinnati universal horizontal, which was thoroughly used and abused, all attachments included --- So I learned the older ways, including slab milling.

I'm in the same boat, I own an atlas mill and have one arbor also . I bought a piece of 4140 16" x 2" . Ill be doing some turning on my logan , taper to morse number2 , then about 10" of arbor turned to 1 1/4" . The second will be 7/8" plus about ten spacers to fit , ill buy some thin ones to do gang mill . The one reason I bought it is to cut gears for my big drill press . The table and head lifts both need gears , ill make up a half dozen and sell a few to pay for the rest. Original gear from Rockwell is over $400.00 one gear . I'll eBay them for $100 free ship . Seems I remember seeing a #9 on eBay arbors for sale .

Back