Signatures

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Members should shortly after joining set up their Signature. Some of us (mostly older types) still prefer to begin a post with the name of the person whose post we are replying to. So this should begin with how you prefer to be addressed. For example, if I wanted to be called "Bob", my signature would begin with "Bob" instead of "Robert". Following that, you may but don't have to include your "brag list" or list of the equipment you presently have.

To create or edit your Signature, simply hover the mouse pointer over your User ID near top right of screen. This will pop up the list of subjects on your profile page, most of which you can edit. Without clicking, slide the pointer left and down and then click on Signature. This will bring up a text entry field into which you should type your given name or nickname, and then whatever else you want to have displayed below each of your posts. The only firm rule is nothing obscene or potentially offensive, which means among other things nothing political.

When done, click the Save button. To go back and edit what you wrote, simply repeat the steps above.

Robert, regardless of peoples avatar names, I really prefer to reply to someone's real name. It seems so much more friendly to me.

David

So do I. Which is why I wrote the above. You could, for example, set your Signature up to say "David", and wouldn't need to type it at the bottom of each post. As mine currently says "Robert D."

Back