Sieg Runmaster Lathes

ronboult

Active User
Registered
I currently have a Sieg SC4 8x16 lathe and have got sick of not having a cam lock (D1-4) spindle and more particularly no quick change gear box.

I am looking for a 12x36 0r 13x40 Chinese / Taiwanese lathe. Here in Australia we have a small number of importers of these machines and they are spread between the major capital cities which are thousands of Km apart hence it is difficult to inspect them all. We don't seem to have the equivalent of a Precision Mathews higher quality importer. The local Brisbane importer (Hare & Forbes) has mainly imperial lathes in the smaller sizes and from inspection and reports I am not sure of their quality and consistency. They seem to have a fair reputation for after sales service.

Looking for a Metric lathe I have found an importer that stocks the Sieg Runmaster range of 330x 1000 and 360x1000 metric lathes.
http://www.siegind.com/products_detail/&productId=161.html
These seem a possibility as I already know the limitations /quality of Sieg machines ( I have a Sieg lathe & Mill)

Does anybody know if Sieg Runmaster lathes are imported into the USA and does anybody have one that could comment on their performance.
thanks
Ron

Hi Jim
Thanks for the link. Not sure the Sieg is in the same class as these lathes.
I was hoping that someone had a Runmaster that might comment.
I have been able to establish that Runmaster is/was a Taiwanese company that is now manufacturing in China. How they relate to Sieg I have no idea. Apparently Runmaster have been manufacturing lathes for sometime so I am surprised that no one has one.
Ron

Back